Friday, April 1, 2011

Last Thing!

  • What were your favorite discoveries or activities over the past ten weeks?
I absolutely love Google reader! I am definitely addicted. I also have enjoyed getting to know more about Podcasts and Twitter as well as utilizing the LFPL Databases.
  • Do you feel more confidence with these resources now? Was it time well-spent?
I was very comfortable with some resources (Google, Facebook, YouTube), but am more confident with Flickr, Wikis, and Online Reader Tools. I think for the majority of it, it was time well-spent and I think it was beneficial.
  • If a similar learning program is offered in the future, are there other resources and technologies you would like to see covered? Any suggestions for how we might run the program differently?
I actually can't think of other resources and technologies off the top of my head. However, for future endeavors such as this, doing a survey to determine the content might be better so that way you would have a better idea of the audience that you're catering too. Or maybe have introductory, intermediate, and advanced versions of the different tasks for the different technological levels that people are on.
  • Do you think our patrons would benefit from a similar program?
Though I think many of our patrons COULD benefit from it, I think only a select few WOULD pursue and benefit from a self-guided program. Maybe if they could just do the subjects that they were interested in it could be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment